Avis Zimbabwe offers Cross Border rentals subject to the following terms & conditions:
- Vehicles may enter the following countries:
Cross Border entry into any other country is NOT permitted.
- Clients must be renting on either a full Billback voucher, or have a MasterCard, Visa or American Express Credit Card in order to drive our vehicles into any other country.
- The client must provide a copy of the page(s) of their passport showing their photograph and identity particulars (i.e. name, etc).
- The rental cannot be terminated in a foreign country.
- Maximum period the vehicle is allowed out of the country is 30 days, in line with our standard renewal period for Rental Agreements.
- Super Cover on Collision Damage / Theft Loss Waivers is not available on Cross Border rentals.
- Booking must be made a minimum of 48 hours in advance.
- Prior to leaving Zimbabwe with the vehicle, clients are required to obtain Cross Border Clearance from the Police. An Avis representative will assist with this, however, clients should be aware that they will need to set aside a minimum of 2 hours to obtain this clearance (it may take longer in busy periods – especially just before any public holidays and first weeks of April, August and December, which coincide with the beginning of Zimbabwe’s School Holidays.)
Police Departments carrying out Cross Border Clearance operate during the following times:
Harare – Monday – Friday 08h00 – 15h00
Bulawayo – Monday – Friday 08h00 – 11h30
Victoria Falls – Monday – Friday 14h00 – 15h00
Cross Border Clearance cannot be carried out on weekends or public holidays.
The following additional charges will apply to cross border rentals:
Cross Border Fee – USD 50 per rental
Cross Border Insurance – USD 15 per day, charged for the period that the vehicle is outside Zimbabwe. (Clients must produce proof of exit and re-entry dates in the form of immigration stamps in their passports. Failure to do so will result in Avis charging cross border insurance for the entire rental period.)
NB: Waiver Excesses will increase on Cross Border Rentals to the below levels :
Further details can be obtained from Avis Zimbabwe Central Reservations.